Worlds Adrift was originally going to release by the end of 2016 but having been silent on updates as of late many were becoming skeptic we’d see the final version anytime soon. Yesterday Poppy Byron went on the official Worlds Adrift blog to announce the new release date.
Worlds Adrift is an open world persistent sandbox game where players fly along the skies with their own personal ship and it will now be releasing Quarter 1 in 2017. The follow up to physics based I Am Bread is also physics based but has a bit of an MMO feel though the developers at Bossa Studios do not want to be cornered by that descriptor. There’s currently a closed alpha going on which will soon receive its largest update yet. Read about some of the new features being added below.
- Knowledge – Islands now have ancient Saborian databanks scattered around. Scan these for Knowledge, which you can use to specialise your character in the Knowledge tree tab of your character sheet.
- New Shipyard – The new Shipyard makes its debut! Build your custom ship frame exactly how you want: tall and skinny or wide and flat, small and sleek or big and bulky, it’s all up to you
- Loot – Islands now contain lootable containers, where ancient schematics are now found.
- Pistols – The crossbow has been replaced by the pistol, which should be easier to aim with.
- Combat – ranged combat has had a complete overhaul, and rebalance, so ship combat will involve lots of cannons, and big ship fights.
- Male character – Many of you have been asking for this feature for a long time. Well, it’s finally here. You can now play as a gentleman of the skies.
- Sails – Sails are now craftable and attachable to decks. A ship now only technically needs a core and a sail to fly, though it’s probably still a good idea to add a reviver. Pay attention to the direction of the wind!